Poligrow’s mission is to play a key role in the development of agriculture sectors in marginalised regions of Central and South America, and respond to a growing market in the cultivation of oil producing plants, as well as the industrial processing of vegetable oil and its derivative products. This has been made possible thanks to an investment in skilled human capital and sustainable initiatives that are economically profitable, environmentally compatible and socially responsible.
Poligrow’s vision 2012
Poligrow is a multinational enterprise dedicated to the production and processing of high-quality oil crops. It holds a strong position within a growing market, due to the high demand for vegetable oil and its derivative products.
Poligrow's strategic, technical and economic contribution boosts development and quality of life in its target areas, offering tangible solutions to key issues like climate change, the global food crisis and unemployment.
In line with the United Nations’ Millenium Development Goals, Poligrow’s overall objectives are as follows:
- To develop projects centred on the cultivation of high-quality oil crops, which are viable from an economic, social and environmental perspective.
- To promote innovation and technological development in the industrial processing of oil crops.
- To establish production systems based on the principles of sustainability and respect for the individual, the community and the environment.
- To succeed in developing oil crop plantations in marginalised areas where there is violence and poverty, and to create a minimum of 500 new jobs.
- To promote new socio-economic initiatives led by local communities, in line with the principles established by the United Nations’ Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
Poligrow’s initiatives are based on the following principles:
- Integrity: Poligrow seeks expert corporate integrity to encompass values such as transparency, honesty and commitment.
- Sustainability: Poligrow plans and implements all projects under the concept of sustainability. This allows economic and social benefits to transcend every project, increasing knowledge, experience and necessary resources. In this way, both the project and the people involved can develop and diversify.
- Teamwork: Poligrow’s interdisciplinary approach combines the work of specialised professionals and the experience of a wide range of people from across the world.
- Social Commitment: Poligrow is proud of its contribution to the social and economic development of the countries where it operates. It also recognises the value of its members and is committed to the communities involved in each project. This commitment is highlighted by various social initiatives, investments, job creation and the development of other social, educational, scientific cultural and environmental activities.
- Quality: Poligrow strives to create high-quality initiatives and products, using the latest technology and offering its employees continuous training.
- Respect: Poligrow carries out its activities fully respecting the environmental, social and economic legislation that surrounds every project.
- Environmental Conscience: Poligrow protects the environment and thanks to a comprehensive environmental management plan, strives to optimise resources; minimise the production of waste and; use raw materials efficiently.